In this article, I learned that there is a process in adopting technology. Marc Prensky believes that there is a four step process which includes:
1)Dabbling
2)Doing old things in old ways
3)Doing old things in new ways
4)Doing new things
in new ways
I find it interesting how people are using technology just to keep files and not as a means of an educational tool. I think with technology today people within the school system should have full access and use the technology to their advantage. This means learning how to incorporate technology into lesson plans and becoming informed about computers and other technological tools. I like that Prensky believes that all learners should have computers of their own that meet their personal learning style because computers are "extensions of the students' personal self and brain" (Presnsky). I also think that it is important for schools not to resist technological change. We need to move this the times and become knowledgeable. Finally, it is important to understand that it is a lot of work to incorporate technology in our lesson plans, but Prensky believes our students deserve our best, so we should put the effort out and give our students the best.
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment