L a U Letter R A

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Why I Want To Be a Teacher

Basically, I want to be a teacher to help children learn . In particular, I want to help those children who struggle with learning the most. I believe that at a young age children are vulnerable to low self-esteem in their academic skills and it is my hope to encourage those students that they can learn with everyone else. I want to stop them from lacking confidence in their learning capability. I think it would benefit children the most if this is done early in their academic career, and so I hope to teach children starting as low as Kindergarten to possibly the third grade. Its been said that it is not possible to help every child that you run across as a teacher, but that is not going to stop me from at least trying!

3 comments:

Lynette Sorenson said...

One of the greatest gifts that we can give to others is an excitement about learning. You will have many opportunities as a teacher in the early elementary grades to open doors of learning to your students. And while opening doors you will provide empowerment and encouragement AND guide these precious little people to success not because they are high achievers but because they know that someone loves them unconditionally.

Katie M said...

I love reading everyone's reasons for becoming a teacher. They are all so different. I think that you have a great gift and have a passion for children that is needed in the classroom.

Gina Marie said...

You have some really good reasons for becoming a teaher. I don't think people always realize how big of an impact teachers make. I also love how you personalized your blog with your pictures!